Flea, Worm and Tick controlPOM-V
All medication provided by the practice is Prescription Only Mediction (POM-V), this means your pet must be seen yearly in order for us to provide you with this treatment.
Flea Control: Dogs
- Nexgard Spectra is adminstered orally and should be given to your pet once a month.
- Nexgard Spectra kills fleas, flea larvae, ticks, roundworm, and hookworm, but most importantly, protects against potentially fatal lungworm Angiostrongylus vasorum.
- Nexgard Spectra is only available on prescription from your veterinary surgeon.
Flea Control: Cats
- Stronghold Plus is administered on to the skin on the back of the cats neck, and should be applied monthly.
- Stronghold Plus kills fleas, flea larvae, ticks, roundworm, and hookworm.
- Stronghold Plus is only available on prescription from your veterinary surgeon.
Worm Control: Dogs & Cats
- Drontal or Droncit tablets for cats and dogs are to be give every 3-6 months, dependent on how much of a scavenger they are
- Droncit spot-on solution is in alternative to tablets, that is applied to the back of the cat’s neck every 3-6 months.
Tick Control: Dogs & Cats
- Avoid known tick-affected habitats such as wooded areas and places where there is livestock
- Be sure to check your dog daily for ticks and remove any that you notice by using a tick-removal device.
- Our regular monthly treatment Nexgard Spectra and Stronghold Plus protects against ticks.
- Alternative spot-on medication and impregnated collars are available from our practice. Always use these according to the manufacturer’s recommendation
- Seresto collar provides up to 8 months protection from ticks and fleas.